Monday, June 6, 2011

Text Me!

Blaine got an iPhone.  If you were in my contacts list on my old (his new) iPhone you probably got a text from him before I transferred them.  It probably was something along the lines of "my mom got a new iPhone and she gave me her old one and we can text each other all the time now isn't that great!" but with worse punctuation and spelling.  And you may have been one of the people who texted back something like "Great!  Who is this?"  since the number had already been changed.

Sigh.  I know, I know.  An iPhone?  For a 4th grader?  In my defense, he is about to travel with his sister to a country far, far away.  So far, in fact, that I don't think my apron strings will stretch the whole way.  I was at the end of my cell phone contract and was upgrading my phone and I got the brilliant idea of giving Blaine my old phone.  He wanted an iPod or iTouch for his birthday - well, he really wanted an iPad, but keep dreaming kiddo - and this way he gets a phone, a pod, and the iTouch games.  The benefits of him having the phone is he will have access to email without having to ask to use a computer, the ability to text me when he wants or needs to and he and his sister can use it for entertainment on the long journey there and back.

It also gives me something else to take away from him when he acts like a butthead!  WIN!

But the downside of Blaine and the iPhone is the text messaging.  The constant text messaging.  Thank God text messaging is free on our plan because holy crap, if I had to pay by the message, I would be looking for a second job or selling crack to cover the phone bill.

Blaine will text good morning to me even if I am in the same room.  He will go through the pictures on his phone and text them to me one by one.  He recently texted me a picture from the day we made donuts with the caption "ah, memrys!".

He texts and texts and texts me.  He loves texting.  Last Friday he texted me "MOM!  Why arnt you texting back! I have texted you 4 times now!!!!" and I turned from the counter where I was packing his lunch and said "I'm busy, that's why".  His answer was to text me again with his answer "I can wait".

Maybe the shine will wear off soon and he won't text me as much and maybe...oh wait, my phone is buzzing...I bet I have a text.

2 comments: